The Perfect Little Bakery



A few weeks ago I had the honor of interviewing Toni Chiappetta the owner of Sweetie Pies in Napa California. As I pushed open the screen door the sweet smell of baked goods tickled my nose. I knew I was in heaven. As I waited at a quaint table for Toni to come out from the back I sipped an amazing cappuccino. The place was packed with people eating lunch and indulging in sweet treats while sipping warm beverages.
Toni came out and was just as sweet as her creations. I chatted with her for a while and discovered that Toni had always loved desserts ever since she was a little girl, so it was only natural that she open a bakery when the time was right. She started by working out of a very small apartment kitchen and after only a few months her business was booming.

I decided to ask her questions to help out my lovely brides..... your welcome!

Sweetie Pies does one on one cake tastings by appointment only Monday through Saturday at 11:00, 12:00, 1:00 or 2:00. At these tastings you will sample there most popular unless you have anything specific in mind. I decided to take one for the team and do a standard tasting for you.....my job can be so difficult right?
I first tasted a white cake with vanilla custard filling and fresh mixed berries. This cake was phenomenal. The cake was so light and moist I could not get enough. I later found out that it is there most popular non chocolate cake.

Next I tasted the chocolate fudge cake which consisted of chocolate opera cake with chocolate mousse filling and an amazing chocolate fudge frosting. The flavor was rich and creamy I think I am in love!!!

The very last cake I tasted was a fabulous take on strawberry shortcake and I am telling you it was delicious. This was my most favorite. It was a yellow cake with mascarpone mousse and fresh strawberries. Truly this cake is to die for. You must try it!

Toni informed me that they do deliver and set up the cake for free in Napa and for a small fee in other locations. She also mentioned that they offer a wide variety of desserts if a bride is looking to do a dessert buffet as well.

She also suggested that brides come to their cake tasting with an idea of the look they want and flavors they are interested in tasting.

Thank you Sweetie Pies for your incredible sweet treats.

Please stop by Sweetie Pies if you are in the area and pick up one of there killer desserts and enjoy a D*lish coffee.

{Store Hours}
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 6am-6pm
Friday and Saturday 6am-7pm
Sunday 7am-5pm
P.S. These woopie pies are my favorite thing ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails